A dental crown is a restoration that covers, or “caps,” a tooth to restore it to its normal shape and size, strengthening and improving the appearance of a tooth. Crowns are necessary when a tooth is generally broken down and fillings won’t solve the problem.
If a tooth is cracked, a crown holds the tooth together to seal the cracks so the damage doesn’t get worse.
Dental crown s are also used to restore a tooth when there isn’t enough of the tooth remaining to provide support for a large filling, attach a bridge, protect weak teeth from fracturing, restore fractured teeth or cover badly shaped or discoloured teeth.
5 Year Smile Guarantee
Elwood Family Dentist is 100% confident with the quality of its care and service. Therefore, we are delighted to offer a 5 year guarantee on our dental crown s for total peace of mind. As we strive to give you the very best results we stand behind our excellence in longevity, quality and durability.
Dental crowns are guaranteed to be repaired or replaced, for a period of five years without fees or charges, terms and conditions apply.
The following conditions are required:
- The patient attends a minimum of two examinations and scale and cleans in each year following completion of treatment, and has followed the recommended preventative dental treatments and maintenance program.
- A night splint is worn at night in cases where the dentist detects grinding and/or clenching.
- There is no outstanding balance on the account.
- There has not been any trauma, neglect, misuse, abuse, accidents or additional dental treatment completed elsewhere.
If your dental treatment requires replacement or repair with an alternative dental material or technique, then only the difference may be payable or we may choose to refund the initial amount paid.
What is not covered?
- Decay of tooth under and/or around the crown
- The nerve inside the tooth dying
- The tooth under the crown fracturing
- Periodontal (gum and bone) disease around the tooth and gum recession
- If it has clearly been stated there is no warranty
- Staining at the margin of the crown